TASTY TUNA WRAPS
You’ve got to love tuna! It’s versatile, clean, easy to find, and, well, it’s pretty cheap. Many people eat it like you do, on top of or alongside a salad, though tuna is also popular on sandwiches. Of course, if you get creative, there are many other ways you can enjoy it!
There’s really no reason to mow down your tuna straight from the can with a grin-and-bear-it attitude, not when you can make delicious snacks like my tuna protein wraps!
Tuna protein wraps are basically just protein wraps with a tuna filling. What is a protein wrap, you ask? It’s kind of like a savory crepe, but denser and full of protein.
- Using a handheld blender or food processor, blend all the above ingredients.
- Spray nonstick pan with PAM or coconut oil and turn heat to high.
- Once the pan is sizzling hot, pour 1/4 cup of the batter onto the center.
- Turn the heat down to medium and spread the mixture around the pan with a spoon so it’s thin and cooks evenly.
- When it has cooked, flip the wrap and let the other side cook for another minute. Remove from pan.
- Repeat the process. Get the pan hot again, spray, pour the batter, turn down the heat, spread the batter, flip.
- When all your wraps are done cooking, let them cool.
- While you wait, make tuna filling. Mix a can of tuna with some chopped olives, low-fat mayo, sugar-free ketchup, sea salt, and tarragon. Or, you can dress your tuna however you like!
- Fill a wrap with tuna and enjoy! Or, wrap your wrap in tinfoil and take it with you for a healthy lunch.
Per protein wrap without tuna
Total Fat 1.5 g
Total Carb 5 g
Protein 8 g
Fiber 2 g